Joel Hoffner's "Nazareth Tract Deed Holders & Map" documents in detail how the Nazareth Tract (corresponding roughly with today's Upper Nazareth Township) awarded to Laetitia Aubrey by the Penn family in 1731 changed hands over many years. Through a series of land transactions, the Nazareth Tract came into the possession of the Moravian Church, which over time transferred land to indivudual buyers. These deeds have been microfilmed and can be seen on computers in the Northampton County Courthouse or at the Archives in Tatamy. Using DeedMapper, Mr. Hoffner laboriously drew the metes-and-bounds of each individual tract. He then placed them onto currrent USGS maps showing "the location and perimeter of each tract and lot sold from 1731 to 1926." To find individual tracts and owner, consult the "Deed Holder Name Index" which gives the map number in which the tract is recorded. Then find that number in the "Nazareth Tract Deed Holders Data Tables" which gives the date of the land purchase, grantor and grantee, Deed Book and page number where the deed is recorded. Finally, view the map on which the tract appears.
Evolution of land tract ownership in Upper Nazareth Township with numerous detailed maps (140 pages including introduction)